Morten Group, LLC, a national consulting firm based in Chicago, was established in November 2001 to focus on clients in the nonprofit, for-profit, and foundation fields. Services include diversity, racial equity, and inclusion (DREI) assessments and trainings; executive searches; research; and organizational development. Our work is centered on a commitment to transformation through education, assessment, and action.
The Training Coordinator will support the cycle of initial planning, to final execution, to evaluation of the various trainings we provide our clients. This is an excellent position for a creative, dynamic, and detail-oriented person with at least 3 years of administrative, training and/or nonprofit experience. If that’s you, this will fulfill your quest for growth and progressive responsibility for pulling moving pieces together for the successful development and implementation of trainings and support with general administrative duties as part of the Morten Group (MG) team. The Training Coordinator reports directly to the President, Project Director, and Training and Curriculum Director and collaborates with them on the following:
Specific Training Responsibilities
- Administrative (training related):
- Support scheduling of trainings with clients
- Support with managing internal (MG) training calendar
- Determine availability of MG facilitators for trainings
- Coordinate MG training supplies
- Communicate with client contact(s) regarding training needs/logistics
- Support with developing and updating training materials including Prezi, participant guide, and facilitator guide to reflect accurate client information and assessment data
- Prepare for trainings independently and with co-facilitator/s
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant DREI issues and resources
- Facilitate trainings and debrief trainings
- Collaborate with co-facilitator/s to create a written summary of training sessions
Additional responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Assistance for President, Project Director, and Training and Curriculum Director as needed with day-to-day office operations
- Assistance for consultants with tasks as-needed
- Preparation of any printed documents for meetings, trainings,
- Assistance with planning and execution of any events, including retreats, meetings,
- General administrative duties as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Pay rate is $20.00 per hour for 15-20 hours per week. There is a potential for a 10% pay increase after successful completion of the first 90 days.
Applicants should email a cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “MG – Training Coordinator Search.” Cover letters will be evaluated as a writing sample. Application materials must be directed to the email address above. No phone calls, please. For best consideration, applications should be received by March 13, 2020. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Morten Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service or other non-merit factors.